- Download the Zoom application for your device of choice
- Once downloaded, it is not required that you create an account, but we recommend doing so to assure that your settings are ready to go when you join a meeting.
- Be sure to test your video and audio before joining a meeting. After you download and install, you can start a test call with just yourself to familiarize yourself with Zoom HERE.
- If you are unable to join from your chosen device, you can join via telephone as a last measure. You will need the teleconferencing number provided in the invite. This information will be sent via email after registration.
Joining a Meeting
All scheduled CTTA/TROC Meetings will be through a registration process:
- You will receive an email from CTTA or CTTA Staff inviting you to register for an upcoming meeting. The email will include a registration link and information on the meeting. You must click the registration link, enter your name, company, email, and position in Board/TROC.
- After you submit your info through the registration link you will receive an email with the join link and password.
- Provided that you’ve already set up the app on your computer or phone, all you’ll have to do when it comes time for the meeting is click the link you’ve received post registration and enter the password.
If you’re invited to an impromptu meeting that does not require registration (rare):
- Once you’ve installed the application, you can join a meeting by clicking the meeting link or going to join.zoom.us and entering in the meeting ID & password. Learn more about joining a meeting.
- On most devices, you can join computer/device audio by clicking Join Audio, Join with Computer Audio, or Audio to access the audio settings. Learn more about connecting your audio.
Can I Use Bluetooth Headset?
Yes, as long as the Bluetooth device is compatible with the computer or mobile device that you are using.
Do I have to have a webcam to join on Zoom?
While you are not required to have a webcam to join a Zoom Meeting or Webinar, you will not be able to transmit video of yourself. You will continue to be able to listen and speak during the meeting, share your screen, and view the webcam video of other participants.